Access Portal Hardware - Plastic Housing
Access Control Hardware
Portal Hardware - PLASTIC HOUSING WITHOUT LCD
The Access Portal cluster controller module brings an unrivalled simplicity to the installation of an access control solution.
True plug-and-play modular hardware means you simply plug in more units to expand your installation. This makes it very easy to adapt the system to suit your changing needs. The clustering concept is also highly cost effective as one cluster controller can manage up to eight reader modules, giving you up to 16 readers from just one controller.
However, the modules don’t have to be plugged together. You can connect using SBus which allows you to connect a module up to 150 metres from the controller – that’s the length of one and a half rugby fields.
Another benefit of the cluster controller is the on-board intelligence which allows for full off-line functionality in the event of a power failure and each cluster controller can store up to 100,000 transactions.
Security is another important consideration and the cluster controller comes fitted with an anti-tamper switch.
Portal Hardware - PLASTIC HOUSING WITH LCD
With the flick of a dipswitch, the cluster controller can be configured as a complete stand-alone access control system - Access Portal Lite. The controller contains an embedded web server, and offers up to eight anti-passback doors, or 16 single entry doors.
When selecting a cluster controller in Lite mode, there is no need for additional software or even a computer. The LCD version can be configured and operated through the touch screen, whilst the non-LCD version can be connected to the internet and configured through a browser. Both units can also be accessed through any HTML5 device, such as a smart phone, tablet or laptop – giving you 24 hour access to your site.
World of choice
We understand that most sites are unique, with their own specific installation needs and for this reason, we’ve created a few variants of the cluster controller. The unit is available with and without a LCD touch-screen, and housed either in plastic or a secure metal IPS enclosure.
In addition, the cluster controller comes with a variety of modules, which simply clip together, depending on your application:
• Wiegand reader module
• Antenna reader module
• Digital I/O module
Portal Hardware - PLASTIC HOUSING: WIEGAND MODULE
The Impro Wiegand Reader Module (WRM) is one of the new, 3rd-generation, Access Portal Cluster Modules from Impro Technologies.
This Cluster Extension Module may be plugged into an existing Cluster (or connected to a Cluster Controller Module via S-Bus) to add full Anti Pass-back (APB) control of one door, or Single Entry Access Control of two doors.
The Module has two full-featured Wiegand Reader Terminals with their associated Relays, Door Open Sense and Request To Exit digital inputs.
The Wiegand Reader Module is presently available as a Cluster Module in a black ABS plastic Housing - and a PCB Card version for installation into an IPS (Integrated Power Supply) Housing.
• Cost effective, modular solution that offers:
− Scaling to the size requirement of the application
− Expansion - Quick and convenient (plug-in) should needs increase
− Zero System Downtime - (When plugged into the Cluster Controller) - Replacing a WRM only requires downtime on the doors associated with the Expansion Modules that are disconnected (the Tag memory and Transaction Buffer reside in the Cluster Controller).
− Hot Swappable - No need to power down when plugging, unplugging and wiring of modules.
• 3-Year Warranty on Hardware
• A Software utility to upgrade Firmware while installed on-site, without removal of the WRM (WRM must be clustered with its CCM.)
Portal Hardware - PLASTIC HOUSING: ANTENNA MODULE
The Impro Antenna Reader Module (ARM) is one of the new, 3rd-generation, Access Portal Cluster Modules from Impro Technologies. This Cluster Extension Module may be plugged into an existing Cluster (or connected to a Cluster Controller Module via SBus) to add full Anti Pass-back (APB) control of one door, or Single Entry Access Control of two doors. The Module has two full-featured Antenna Reader Terminals with their associated Relays, Door Open Sense and Request To Exit digital inputs. The Antenna Reader Module is presently available as a Cluster Module in a black ABS plastic Housing - and a PCB Card version for installation into an IPS (Integrated Power Supply) Housing.
• Cost effective, modular solution that allows for: − Scaling to the size requirement of the application − Expansion - Quick and convenient (plug-in) should needs increase − Zero Downtime – Replacing an ARM will not require downtime (the Tag memory and Transaction Buffer reside in the CCM).
• A Software utility to upgrade Firmware while installed on-site, without removal of the ARM.
• Flexibility in installation – The ARM may be: − Plugged (together with other Expansion Modules into the CCM, forming part of a “Cluster” of Impro Controller Modules − Installed up to 150 away from its CCM (connected via S-Bus) − Installed (as a PCB Card) in a 19” Rack version of the system
• The ARM supports the following tags: − Slim Tags (Read only) − Omega Tags (Read Only) − Philips HITAG™ 1 and Philips HITAG™ 2 (Read/Write) − HID 125 kHz Tags (Read Only). NOTE: HID is a registered trademark of HID Global Corporation (an ASSA ABLOY Group Brand).
• 16-step Auto-tune that allows for increased cable distances of up to 25 m (82 ft.) for Non-keypad Antenna Readers and up to 16 m (53 ft.) for Keypad Antenna Readers. • End-of-Line (EOL) Sensing on Door Open Sensor (DOS) Inputs.
• Connection to up to two Antenna Readers per ARM, allowing Relaxed or Full Anti-passback (APB) access. • An excellent user interface consisting of 8 LED “Diagnostic Indicators”.
• Two independent single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) Relay Outputs which let you interface to door strikes, magnetic locks and other third-party devices (for example alarms panels or lighting). • IXP220 / ImproNet System Compatible
• Four Dry Contact Digital Inputs including two Door Open Sensor (DOS) and two Request to Exit (RTE) Inputs. (When used in Access Portal Pro or IXP220 Systems, these inputs may be configured for other uses, including: Scanner Inhibit, Alarm interface and Action Request)
• A Software utility to upgrade Firmware while installed on-site, without removal of the ARM (provided the ARM is clustered with its CCM).
Portal Hardware - PLASTIC HOUSING: DIGITAL IO MODULE
The digital I/O controller module brings a world of flexibility and customisation to our access control system and the automation of your building. The module offers true plug-and-play connectivity, which ensures that both installation and future expansion is quick and convenient. It is a gateway to multiple connect and disconnect options and a must have for any integration, for installations both large and small. Each module has eight digital inputs and four relay outputs which gives you the ability to create a custom sequence of events, such as · Activating sirens for the beginning and end of shifts, or turnstile indicators · Controlling elevators (lifts), alarm systems and fire control · Managing emergency door control · Creating unique sequences of events such as starting machinery or deactivating intrusion systems The digital inputs also include end-of-line (EOL) sensing for added protection, which can be configured to raise an alarm if cables are broken or tampered with. In addition, up to eight modules can be connected to a single cluster controller, to provide as many as 64 inputs and 32 outputs, making the solution highly cost-effective and flexible. Another key benefit of the module is that firmware upgrades can be undertaken onsite, with no need to remove the module, resulting in zero downtime. The module is available in a stand-alone plastic housing, or integrated into a boxed solution with an integrated power supply.